Tuesday, February 17, 2009

17/02/09

7 rounds for time:

*10 x SDHP @ 24kg
*10 x ring dips

(Ring dips spotted with red band)

Time: 14:--

Another 6am session - I've enjoyed them both very much, and may try to make a habit of attending them.

At Bjorn's insistance, this was done as Rx'd.

I was able to move the weight well enough. I'd have done much better if I could make a consistant habit out of driving my hips harder. I noticed this a bit yesterday, also, where I wasn't hitting full extension at the top of the deadlift.

As a result of the loss of power through this slip in form, I missed lifting the bar as high as I ought to on several lifts toward the end of the later sets.

Arm strength still has a way to go, but the red band makes ring dips sufficiently difficult. Despite three attempts, I didn't really manage to acheive my final rep in the dips.

No comments: